The school was born out of vision by Bishop Kennedy U. Oti to establish a Mission School under the auspices of Royal Rock Ministries Incorporated; that will provide students with a superior education that meets their individual needs and helps them thrive as productive learners and citizens of integrity in a safe and loving academic environment. The school began on 19th September 2005, that is at the beginning of 2005/2006 session, having JSS1 only. The need to start with JSS1 only was necessitated by the convictions to make the school a model of excellence both in character and academics. Little wonder therefore, the motto of the school: KNOWLEDGE AND CHARACTER ON THE ROCK. Presently, the school has JSS1 – SS3 with enhanced academic disposition, providing a teacher friendly atmosphere with small class size for effective teaching and learning. Teachers are offered great incentives as direct reward for excellence in innovation and creative teaching. Teachers are paid according to Government salary scale and as at when due. This has helped the school maintain a very stable staff disposition since commencement. The school, as an approved secondary school, collaborates with government and its agencies to enhance academic quality and to ensure compliance at all times. It is also a member of Private Schools Association (NAPPS) and an effective player in the crusade against cultism and examination malpractices in academic institutions in Nigeria. Ours is a zero tolerance for any of these vices.
Royal Rock Academy is committed to providing students with a superior education that meets their individual needs, and helps them thrive as productive learners and citizens of integrity in safe and loving environment. .
1. To offer a quality Christian education with pacesetter innovation and a nurturing that encourages a child to believe in his potential for great academic achievement.
2. To make the school a model of excellence both in character and academics.
As a private initiative, the school is founded on entrepreneurial principles subject to professional management and balancing of social and economic responsibilities. Its objectives include:
- To provide warm and secure home-like atmosphere for the discovery of potentials, exploration of unique identity and formation of friendliness as a child development centre
- To provide highly developed, tested and proof producer graduate teachers with a proven track record of excellent performances and integrity.
- To offer unequalled incentives to staff in a friendly atmosphere of mutual respect.
- To emphasize science, technology and computer education.
- To unlock the unique extraordinary power of intellect in children at the school where Christ-centred character formation and academic excellence are a norm.
- To provide tuition assistance to indigent but exceptionally brilliant children and special fee rate for children of ministers of the Gospel.
- To provide opportunities for children to excel in arts and sports.
- To build morals, faith, creativity, imagination and inculcate discipline in children.
- To provide individual difference and personal attention to the children and prepare them for excellent inter personal relations, happy and constructive communal life, hard work and responsible behavior.
The school is located in Oghor Hill in Aba North L.G.A. Abia State. It is a serene and conducive environment.
The school is premised on the philosophy that for many parents and guardians, the choice of a school for their wards is a vital decision to be made, as a school system can make or mar a child's future. Every parent dreams of a successful, prosperous and self-fulfilling future for his/her ward. The realization of such dream is directly linked to the initial orientation to which the child has been exposed in his/her childhood education.
Royal Rock Academy is therefore, a vision born out of God and meant to meet the challenges of modern day education and a strategic response to the yearning and need for qualitative early childhood education in Nigeria.
Our primary goal is to be the best and produce the best students within and beyond our locality. The children of this era deserve to be given the same educational opportunities that their counterparts enjoyed in other places. That is to say, they have a right to attend good school such as Royal Rock Academy.
Being aware and in conformity with the Nigerian National Policy on Education, our children are taught to develop their domains to create room for intellectual, emotional, social and moral growth.
Royal Rock Academy is built on the solid Rock, Jesus Christ, and it is channeled toward developing the total child for tomorrow using the principles of Jesus.